Thursday, April 10th, 2014 @ 2:00pm EDT
Ready to achieve optimal performance and availability for your Microsoft SQL Server systems? By taking advantage of some essential best practices in storage, you can ensure that your SQL Server instances are performing at their best. Join this webinar to hear from two industry experts, Michael Otey, senior technical director for Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Pro, and Mike Leone, lead lab analyst for ESG Lab, to learn:
- How data and log files should be managed
- Why the tempdb database is a critical component to SQL Server performance and how to configure and manage it
- Ways SQL Server systems can benefit from flash storage
- Best practices for maximizing performance leveraging server-based and storage-based flash
- ESG Labs testing results comparing three different storage architectures
- Advantages of using Fusion hybrid storage solutions in clustered SQL Server environments
Attendees will be able to download an ESG Lab Validation report on Fusion ioControl Hybrid Storage in a clustered SQL Server environment.
If you have already registered, click here to access
Michael Otey is senior technical director for Windows IT Pro and SQL Server Pro and is president of TECA a technical writing, software-development and consulting company in Portland, Oregon. Michael covers the topics of SQL Server, Windows Server, VMware vSphere, virtualization, PowerShell and .NET development. Michael performs hardware and software product reviews for the Windows IT Pro labs. He does frequent webcasts, is a presenter at IT/Dev Connections and other conferences and has written several books on SQL Server and .NET development.
Enterprise Strategy Group is an IT analyst and strategic consulting firm anchored in end-user market research and hands-on testing. Mike Leone, a lead lab analyst, works in one of ESG’s major practices, ESG Lab, which provides in-depth testing and analysis of IT technology and products, using methods that simulate or recreate real-world environments.