What version(s) of SQL Server are you running? (Select all applicable)

Following the release of SQL Server 2014 in April, we're wondering what version(s) of SQL Server our readers are running. Please take our quick poll and let us know. You may select multiple versions.

Discuss this poll 3

on Jul 21, 2015

Working in healthcare has it's down side, like very slow adoption of newer technologies. I'd guess 80% of our databases are SQL 2008R2 with most of the remaining 20% being just SQL 2008, followed by 2012, 2005 and finally (gasp) 2000. We should be off of 2000 & 2005 (maybe even 2008) by the end of the year.

on Feb 5, 2015

We have two production dbs left in 2000. One is going through final testing to SQL2012. The other the app is being sunsetted and will be killed off by Summer. We have initiatives to upgrade most of our 2005 by next Spring. I just upgraded 4 SQL2008 to 2012 as well. The bulk of what we have is in 2008R2 and will be for quite some time.

on Aug 14, 2014

Initiatives are to get off of 2000. Not ready for 2014 and only now rolling out 2012

Please or Register to post comments.

Digital Magazine Archives

Browse back issues of SQL Server Pro, from January 2007 through the last issue published in April 2014. Find the back issues here.


From the Blogs
Sep 15, 2016

Power BI Desktop “Publish to Pyramid Server” Button

Many organizations today cannot use public cloud solutions because of security concerns, administrative challenges and functional limitations. However, they still need a centralized platform where end users can conduct self-service analytics in an IT-enabled environment....More
Jul 6, 2016

Using BI Office Together with Microsoft Power BI Desktop to Unlock Business Insights

It is crucial to move away from data and analytics stored on individual desktop computers. Today’s solutions must promote holistic, collective intelligence. The strong, continued alliance between Microsoft and Pyramid Analytics helps make all this possible....More
Jul 6, 2016

Why It’s Important to Unlock Business Insights Trapped on Individual Desktops

To become a truly data-driven enterprise, many business leaders recognize that they must extend the capabilities of self-service business intelligence (BI) and analytics to more of their business users. Many BI tools tackle part of this need, but they don’t offer a complete enterprise solution....More

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×