Microsoft Corp. has released Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009, the enterprise integration and connectivity server solution. The company says that BizTalk Server 2009 delivers new capabilities to help customers integrate disparate systems, enhance end-to-end enterprise connectivity, and more quickly exchange data across multiple platforms.
“In today’s economy, it is more important than ever for Microsoft to deliver innovation that drives immediate customer value,” said Dan Neault, general manager of Microsoft SQL Server and BizTalk Server at Microsoft. “With BizTalk Server 2009, Microsoft has delivered an enterprise-ready scalable platform that enables our customers across the globe to more efficiently connect processes, systems and data, which is critical to reducing costs and enabling informed business decisions across their organizations.”
According to a press release from Microsoft, BizTalk Server 2009 expands support for the latest Microsoft application platform technologies, including Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008. With BizTalk Server 2009, customers can now utilize the improvements available within these Microsoft products to boost their integration initiatives through enhanced developer productivity, improved system performance and better manageability. With Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009 Enterprise Edition, customers can further reduce the cost of infrastructure using Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technology to run unlimited virtualized instances on virtual machines.
The adapters available for BizTalk Server 2009 enable organizations to quickly and easily access and use data from mainframes, databases, third-party applications and radio frequency identification (RFID) devices using familiar, simple-to-use management and development tools with less complexity and lower costs.
Microsoft has provided a list of what you will get in BizTalk Server 2009:
- Simple, cost-effective service-oriented architecture (SOA) connectivity. With new and updated connectors, BizTalk Server 2009 advances interoperability by providing more than 25 industry adapters that make it easier for customers to connect critical business applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel, and Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Increased developer productivity. BizTalk Server enhances the Visual Studio 2008 developer experience by offering new integrated capabilities including visual debugging, unit testing and access to code artifacts. As a result, BizTalk Server helps democratize and simplify sophisticated integration projects, enabling a broader set of developers to rapidly deliver more standards-based and scalable business applications.
- Better visibility into data and activities. Enhanced Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) capabilities reduce the complexity associated with trusted data collection and simplify access to data.
- Take advantage of the benefits of virtualization. With BizTalk Server 2009 running on Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V technology, businesses can take advantage of the benefits that virtualization provides, including cost savings, production server consolidation and business continuity management.
- Simple RFID solutions. RFID capabilities reduce the need for complicated custom coding for disparate device types. Now, businesses can easily extend RFID capabilities to mobile environments and experience the benefits from updated standards such as Tag Data Translation (TDT), EPC Information Services Standard (EPCIS) and Low Level Reader Protocol (LLRP).
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) made easier. BizTalk Server can now participate in the full application development life cycle by including new project management, testing and deployment capabilities that extend ALM capabilities already delivered through Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008.
BizTalk Server 2009 is available now to Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) customers. It is available in nine languages — Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. BizTalk Server 2009 is offered in four editions: Enterprise, Standard, Branch and Developer. For more information see the Microsoft Biztalk Server website.