SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (SP2) RTM is now available for download from Microsoft. According to the Microsoft SQL Server Team Blog, customer feedback has resulted in several updates in SQL Server 2012 SP2, including:
- Enhanced informational messages about AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Performance improvements for SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) around SSIDB deadlock/cleanup.
- Query planning enhancements and improved troubleshooting diagnostics for hash join/aggregate operator spills of data in tempdb and full text indexes.
- Replication supportability and functionality enhancements.
- Storage engine performance enhancements.
- Support for local cube creation. More SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) logging to improve troubleshooting.
In addition, SP2 includes solutions provided in SQL Server 2012 SP1 cumulative updates up to and including Cumulative Update 9.
Additional downloads now available from Microsoft:
SQL Server 2012 SP2 Report Builder (updated Report Designer)
Learn more about SQL Server 2012 from the SQL Server Pro contributors.