2015 Call For Speakers at IT/Dev Connections is Winding Down
Though technically the Call for Speaker's for this year's IT/Dev Connections Conference at the Aria Hotel in Las Vegas closed yesterday I've persuaded the Powers That Be to leave the window on submissions open through tomorrow. I do know how my fellow SQL Server Professionals love to take their time to mull over their abstract opportunities and get their sessions just right before submitting.
Well SQL Speakers, the time is neigh! If you feel you have knowledge to be shared with your peers and have experience in presenting technical content at the conference level or have at decent level of experience providing training at local User Groups please get your submissions in here.
These are the topics we're most interested in:
Cloud and Data Center
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Azure and Azure Services
- Google Cloud Platform and AWS
- Azure Active Directory
- Cloud-Related System Center
Data Platform and Business Intelligence
- SQL Server
- Azure SQL Database
- Business Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Office 365
- Exchange 2010/2013 on-Premises
- SharePoint 2010/2013 on-Premises
- Hybrid Enterprise Collaboration
- Lync (Enterprise and Online)
Enterprise Management and Mobility
- System Center
- Configuration Manager
Development Platform and Tools
- Open Source
- Office 365 Development
- Universal Apps
- Visual Studio
This year will be an interesting one as my fellow Track Leaders and I will be collaborating on a closer integration between defined tracks. There is plenty of room for crossover between established tracks at IT/Dev Connections and we intend to highlight that this year more than ever!
So what are the requirements? I'm so glad you asked!
IT/Dev Connections attendees come to our conference to get practical technical advice and an independent view of working with today’s most relevant technologies. Therefore,
- Sessions should be original and should not have been presented at other conferences. It is acceptable to propose an updated session from another conference, providing that a considerable amount of new material is incorporated. The content chair will make the decision as to whether sufficient new material is in place.
- Sessions must be vendor neutral; sessions promoting a product or a company will not be selected during the Call for Speakers.
- IT/Dev Connections sessions should provide Intermediate to Advanced-level content that walks attendees step-by-step through how to use specific capabilities, implement best practices, or troubleshoot specific technology challenges. Sessions that focus on practical how-to advice are always popular. Sessions that include live demos and/or walk through a real-life situation are encouraged. Attendees should be able to take what they learned at IT/Dev Connections and implement it immediately in their technology environment.
- Provide a clear title that explains what the session will cover, include the product version that the session will cover (e.g., SQL Server 2014, SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online) in the description, and any hardware or software requirements for the attendees, and prior knowledge of the topic needed by attendees.
- If the session involves code, we request that you provide the sample code for download prior to the event.
You are welcome to submit as many session proposals as you would like; however, we ask that each speaker present a minimum of two 75-minute sessions at IT/Dev Connections 2015. Please note that all 75-minute sessions will be recorded at IT/Dev Connections 2015 and made available to attendees as a part of the All Access package and as an add-on to the Essentials package.
IT/Dev Connections Speaker Requirements
- Speakers will be required to attend the VIP Reception on Wednesday evening, September 16th
- Speakers must provide their own presentation computers and provide any adapters needed to make their presentation computers work with HDMI or VGA cables.
- Speakers must provide their conference materials (headshot photograph, presentation slides, sample code, etc.) by the deadlines set by the IT/Dev Connections team.
- Speakers will be required to sign a speaker agreement.
- Speakers will be expected to promote their participation and specific IT/Dev Connections sessions on social media.
You are welcome to submit as many session proposals as you would like; however, we ask that each speaker present a minimum of two 75-minute sessions at IT/Dev Connections 2015.
Still Have Questions?
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing your submissions!