We care, we listen, and we want to serve you better! This week, I want to gather information about you and your SQL Server deployments so we can tailor the contents of SQL Server Magazine UPDATE to meet your needs as effectively as possible. I know you're busy. But please take a few moments to help us help you. Below are a few questions that I'd like you to answer along with a URL where you can post your responses. Please note, your responses will be publicly viewable, so don't write anything you wouldn't want your mom to read. (The questions aren't listed in order of importance.)
- What is your role? Are you an SQL Server administrator, consultant, developer, or some combination of those roles?
- Do you think of yourself as a dedicated database professional? Or do you have many nondatabase job responsibilities?
- What databases do you work with in addition to SQL Server? Please list relative percentages for the time you spend supporting other databases.
- How long have you been working with SQL Server?
- On a scale of 1-10 (with 10.5 being Kalen Delaney!) please rank your experience level with SQL Server.
- What releases of SQL Server do you currently run? Please list numbers of servers and release number.
- Are you running SQL Server on Windows 2000, Windows NT, or Windows 9x?
- Are you planning to upgrade to SQL Server 2000 if you're currently running an older release? Please provide a rough timeline for your upgrade plans.
- If you're still running older releases of SQL Server, what are the main reasons you haven't upgraded to SQL Server 2000?
- What online SQL Server technical resources do you find most valuable?
- What Microsoft technical conferences do you attend regularly?
- What non-Microsoft technical conferences do you attend regularly?
- What are your favorite third-party products designed to support SQL Server? Why?
- Have you used English Query? If so, do you use it regularly?
- Do you use SQL Server 7.0 OLAP Services or SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services?
- Do you use Full Text indexing in SQL Server?
- Have you used SQL Server 2000's integrated support for XML? If so, do you use it regularly? Have you downloaded the SQL Server 2000 XML Web Release 1?
- Have you worked with SQL Server CE? If not, do you have any plans to do so?
- Do you belong to a local SQL Server users group?
- What type of content do you prefer in SQL Server Magazine UPDATE: how-to, tutorial, editorial/opinion, other?
- What do you like best about SQL Server Magazine UPDATE?
- What do you like least about SQL Server Magazine UPDATE?
- Would you prefer to see SQL Server Magazine UPDATE in HTML or text format (or a choice of either)?
- Should SQL Server Magazine UPDATE have more content or should it stay short and sweet? If you'd like more content, would you prefer in-mail text or hyperlinks to online articles?
- What three features do you like most about SQL Server?
- What three NEW features would you most like to see in the next version of the product?
- What three behaviors of SQL Server 2000 do you like the least?
About you and your environment . . .
About SQL Server Magazine UPDATE . . .
About SQL Server . . .
Please take a moment to answer these questions. We will listen and act on your feedback to make SQL Server Magazine UPDATE the best newsletter it can be. To post your answers, click on the reader comments link to the right of this article.